If you want to get the best results and get rid of any unwanted side effects of your Botox treatment, you will need to take care of yourself properly after each session. While this is different for every person’s individual needs, these six tips will help you maximize brightness and minimize bruising as soon as possible.
What Is Botox?
Botox is a neurotoxin that can be injected into certain muscles to stop them from contracting, thereby reducing wrinkles. Botox is the trade name for Botulinum-toxin A, and it has been FDA approved for two decades now. In addition to reducing wrinkles, Botox benefits to loosen up the skin and can reduce scarring as well. Because of these benefits, many patients are interested in getting Botox injections without surgery or expensive laser treatments. The procedure consists of a qualified physician injecting a very fine needle with a few milliliters of Botox; this amount will differ depending on someone’s age and muscle mass.
Tips On Aftercare Of Having Botox Injections
You will find so many tips online on what to do after taking Botox or how you can enhance the recovery to get the results faster on your body. Here are common six tips that you can follow :
- Drink lots of water. Your overall hydration level must be maintained while on your injection course, so make sure to stay well-hydrated before, during, and after your injections.
- Schedule downtime in between each round of injections. This is important because you might be tempted to skip a round of injections, but skipping doses can lead to misalignment or dryness in areas that receive less of the solution. Instead, take some time out between each session for your face to heal.
- Schedule enough time for your face to recover between each injection session. Plastic surgeons recommend at least 24 hours for the body and face to completely recover from an injection, so be sure you schedule this in before you leave your dermatologist’s office. You can then use this time as a break from makeup.
- Exfoliate regularly. To keep your skin smooth, it’s important to exfoliate frequently, even after you stop getting Botox injections. This can help you maintain a youthful texture that looks natural and smooth.
- Schedule in regular facials while you’re still being treated with Botox and other facial injections. You can also schedule nonsurgical facials at home if they aren’t available near where you live but they are often expensive. These will help clean out the pores, keeping your face free and clear of dirt and grime.
- Be careful about what products you use on your skin when healing from your injections. Many scarring occurs during the healing process, so watch what you put on your face.
It’s also important to avoid harsh products like cleansers and acids. Even natural ingredients like lemon juice can irritate the skin and cause sensitivity, so be sure to do thorough research before considering any new products.